I feel that a good domain name can help an online business become more visible, credible and accessible. And it can also help a person make a fortune. While finding one was very prohibitive, we can be a part of the gold rush, too.
Let’s do the math! Over 23 million “.com” names have been registered, and over 22 thousand are being purchased every day. It means that you’re more likely to win the lottery than find a good domain name.
Here is a list of record selling domain name:
– business.com sold for $7.5 million
– altavista.com sold for $3.3 million
– loans.com sold for $3 million
– CreditCards.com sold for $2.75 million
– autos.com sold for $2.2 million
– wallstreet.com sold for $1.03 million
– forsalebyowner.com sold for $835,000
– drugs.com sold for $825,000
– cinema.com sold for $700,000
– art.com sold for $450,000
– engineering.org sold for $199,000
Not only that big list, some other domain are trading everyday on eBay from somewhere between $100 to $1000.
Why? Why do these people pay that much just for a domain name? This s bcz domain s the thing upon which you will build your online business. And like real estate, the location s just as important — being accessible.
source:a unknown blog